Liar Game Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think you have what it takes to become the King of Liars?

+2
Morthai
Nemui
6 posters

Eccentricity causes Genius or Genius causes Eccentricity

Nemui
    Nemui
    Player #22
    Player #22

Libra Posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Student, programing, math, learning Japanese, science, eating, sleeping, reading, reading manga
    Liar Game Skill : Being different

Eccentricity causes Genius or Genius causes Eccentricity Empty Eccentricity causes Genius or Genius causes Eccentricity

Post  Nemui Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:43 am

So what is your view on the question above does Eccentricity cause Genius or Genius causes Eccentricity, I will put up a poll on this later but right now here are the three views I think there will be
    1. Eccentricity causes genius
    2. Genius causes eccentricity
    3. No correlation it is just a coincidence

oh yeah and explain why
    Morthai
    Morthai
    Player #40
    Player #40

Scorpio Posts : 156
    Job/hobbies : Student / poetry, creativity, RP, problem solving
    Liar Game Skill : deductive reasoning, psychological courses, experience

Eccentricity causes Genius or Genius causes Eccentricity Empty Re: Eccentricity causes Genius or Genius causes Eccentricity

Post  Morthai Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:01 am

Genius in a human sense is determinated by the genome, eccentricity in a human sense is a personal trait caused by past expirience and interaction with environmental factors. So only 3. can be right in a human sense. From the point of view of an immortal both genius and eccentricity are determined prebirth with the incorporation of the soul into a mortal body - so again only 3. can be correct. No point in further discussion.
    stribor
    stribor
    Player #23
    Player #23

Capricorn Posts : 35
    Job/hobbies : Student, programming, mathematics, futsal, manga, drinking, pot, card games
    Liar Game Skill : deduction

Eccentricity causes Genius or Genius causes Eccentricity Empty Re: Eccentricity causes Genius or Genius causes Eccentricity

Post  stribor Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:23 am

but not always, cuz some genius people can adjust themself to the social maners of surroundings

and I don't believe that someone is eccentric and not genius, I believe they just behave inteligent. There is lack of some continuus logic behind their different reactions, it's just some reaction that is given in that, and only that occurence, when they try to contrast to their imediate surroundings. They may seem eccentric, but when you change their environment they will think about their immediate situation and how to gain something, they will not be influenced with past unconnected experiences(inteligent or genious people can stick to that ways, but those are not eccentric ways)

... or they will just act stupid with no given reason cuz they are stupid Smile
    ... normal people wont behave different (so sad Sad )

eccentric people traits develop when they think about those past experiences and interaction with environment and try to be on top of those, in their own ways, at which surroundings look at as eccetric ways. And they will be ready for every new different interaction in 'borders of their eccentricity'. Gradually, those traits will evolve and expand, but not because of the immediate environment, it will be because they minds will seek the possible solution to avoid bad or achieve good past(or new where they think they went wrong before) experiences
    ... and truly, I think that only genius can subconscious evaluate so much data

so, mine theory is:
    - every eccentric is genius
    - not every genius is eccentric
    Morthai
    Morthai
    Player #40
    Player #40

Scorpio Posts : 156
    Job/hobbies : Student / poetry, creativity, RP, problem solving
    Liar Game Skill : deductive reasoning, psychological courses, experience

Post  Morthai Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:38 pm

Your argumentation has a very big flaw. You assume straight that there are no person who incorperate eccentricity and aren't geniun. There are various person out there who are eccentric but not genuin - especially if you look up the etymenological background of the attribute eccentricity, you shortly notice that it only describes to be not in a certain norm. E.g. not every person who is into BD/SM has to be genuin. There are various ways to be not in the norm and still being in a normal intelligence range. Therefore 2. can't be the correct answere.

Last edited by Morthai on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Why has this become a debate? xD
    stribor
    stribor
    Player #23
    Player #23

Capricorn Posts : 35
    Job/hobbies : Student, programming, mathematics, futsal, manga, drinking, pot, card games
    Liar Game Skill : deduction

Post  stribor Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:01 am

Morthai wrote:Your argumentation has a very big flaw. You assume straight that there are no person who incorperate eccentricity and aren't geniun. There are various person out there who are eccentric but not genuin - especially if you look up the etymenological background of the attribute eccentricity, you shortly notice that it only describes to be not in a certain norm. E.g. not every person who is into BD/SM has to be genuin. There are various ways to be not in the norm and still being in a normal intelligence range. Therefore 2. can't be the correct answere.

"Eccentricity is contrasted with "normal" behavior, the nearly universal means by which individuals in society solve given problems and pursue certain priorities in everyday life. People who consistently display benignly eccentric behavior are labeled as "eccentrics"."

As it is seen, the underlined section is not only sign of eccentric behavior. Not every different behavior is eccentric.

just as i said that those who aren't genius but people may look at them as eccentrics are not real eccentrics

Stribor wrote:and I don't believe that someone is eccentric and not genius, I believe they just behave inteligent. There is lack of some continuus logic behind their different reactions, it's just some reaction that is given in that, and only that occurence, when they try to contrast to their imediate surroundings. They may seem eccentric, but when you change their environment they will think about their immediate situation and how to gain something, they will not be influenced with past unconnected experiences(inteligent or genious people can stick to that ways, but those are not eccentric ways)

true, I said that genius people can behave that way, but I haven't said anywhere that every genius is eccentric
    Nemui
    Nemui
    Player #22
    Player #22

Libra Posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Student, programing, math, learning Japanese, science, eating, sleeping, reading, reading manga
    Liar Game Skill : Being different

Post  Nemui Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:53 am

Dimentio wrote:Why has this become a debate? xD
    I got bored before
    Solei Sama
    Solei Sama
    Player #2
    Player #2

Leo Posts : 312
    Job/hobbies : Anime
    Liar Game Skill : Strange

Post  Solei Sama Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:59 am

Electricity causes genous?
    Asmodeus
    Asmodeus
    Player #39
    Player #39

Capricorn Posts : 373
    Job/hobbies : Screwing around with mortals
    Liar Game Skill : I'm IMMORTAL

Post  Asmodeus Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:30 am

whats genous?
    Solei Sama
    Solei Sama
    Player #2
    Player #2

Leo Posts : 312
    Job/hobbies : Anime
    Liar Game Skill : Strange

Post  Solei Sama Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:07 am

like, a type of something.. genes.. plants have different genous. idk.
    Asmodeus
    Asmodeus
    Player #39
    Player #39

Capricorn Posts : 373
    Job/hobbies : Screwing around with mortals
    Liar Game Skill : I'm IMMORTAL

Post  Asmodeus Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:35 am

so electricity causes genes?
    makecents50
    makecents50
    Not a player yet

Libra Posts : 1
    Job/hobbies : Food
    Liar Game Skill : Thinking

Post  makecents50 Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:16 am

Nemui wrote:So what is your view on the question above does Eccentricity cause Genius or Genius causes Eccentricity, I will put up a poll on this later but right now here are the three views I think there will be
    1. Eccentricity causes genius
    3. No correlation it is just a coincidence

oh yeah and explain why

Eccentricity Is coursed by Autism, mainly asperges syndrome.
    Genius is also coursed by Autism.
    Autistic people have missing filters inside there brain that gives them access to more area's of there brain (than normal people.)
    This comes with its costs though, it means they have lots of raw thoughts continuously flowing through there mind.

When you listen to an eccentric person speaking you will notice that they sound strange, its because most of those thoughts running through there mind are in picture form and the person has to convert all those pictures into words, you'l notice little glitches.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:32 am